As a result of the DFAT Pacific Statistics Assessment and the Internal SDD review, SDD is endeavoring to provide an
improved user experience, with better access to data for all users of our websites – SDD/PRISM/NMDI.
We are developing a short survey to help us to better focus our websites and access to Pacific Data to address the needs of
policy developers, planners, NGOs, civil society and development partners, as well as any other users.
The survey will likely cover the following areas:
- Identification – country, place of work
- Official statistics – which offical statistics are used regularly, how are they obtained, for what purposes, is any assistance required to utlise statistics
- PRISM/SDD/NMDI websites – should SDD be the broking house for all official statistics in the region?, are you satisfied with how SDD is disseminating data?, how do you find the interfaces?, do you trust the data on these sites?
- SDD Document Library – how easy is it to navigate?, how valuable is the content?,
- News and updates – should SDD be posting news?, do you use the PRISM twitter account?, are there are social media accounts which should be used?,
- NMDI database – should the NMDI database be expanded to include SDG’s?, how useful is the database?, how easy is the interface to navigate?, how do you find the metadata?,
- PopGIS – how often to you access the sites?, how easy do you find them to use?, what do you use the sites for?
- Pacific Data Library – do you find the PDL easy to navigate?, how easy is it to access microdata sets?,
- Open Data Portal – how useful would an open data portal be for you?, would API access be useful?
- SDD Innovations Site – do you think this is a good idea?
- User assisstance and engagement – do you consider Livechat a valuable tool to provide assistance?
- General feedback – rank the usefulness of different SDD products, consider a few new ideas, overall how well to SDD sites meet your needs?, how visually appealing are SDD sites?, do you trust the information on SDD sites?, would you recommend SDD sites to a friend?
NOTE: Survey was released 8th August 2017. It can be accessed here.